FITNESS INSTRUCTION COURSE
LEVEL 2 CERTIFICATE
WHO’S IT FOR: 16 years old +
COST: Government Funded
AVAILABILITY: NOW ENROLLING
Body Focus will train you to a professionally competent level, enabling you to prescribe, plan and deliver safe and effective exercise programmes within a gym or health club environment as a Level 2 Fitness Instructor.
Our traineeship programme will give you the necessary qualifications and work experience to work in many fitness environments such as gyms and leisure centres. Body Focus will help you find a work placement and help you achieve vital work experience for you to develop and flourish in your career.
Once a qualified level 2 fitness instructor, you will be able to undertake a Level 3 (NVQ) Diploma (A – level equivalent) in Personal Training, Exercise Referral, Strength & Conditioning, Kettlebells, and Sports Massage.
Body Focus Training can also provide a variety of learning and funding options, typically at no cost to you as an individual.
Check your eligibility for government funded personal training courses.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE COURSE...
● Some experience of gym-based exercises, including free weights, is highly recommended.
● The course requires physical exertion and individual participation is essential; therefore, a degree of physical fitness is necessary.
● There is also an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) involved and learners should have basic skills in communication pitched at level 2.
This qualification comprises of 6 mandatory units (24 credits.
● This qualification provides progression to Level 2 NVQ Certificate in Instructing Exercise and Fitness, for learners who wish to develop and demonstrate occupational competence in gym instruction.
● Alternatively, it provides progression to Level 3 qualifications in Personal Training for learners who wish to further their knowledge and skills and become personal trainers.
● Learners may also progress onto the Level 3 Diploma in Sports Massage Therapy, where they will be provided with the knowledge and skills to practice sports massage alongside gym instructing in the health club environment.
● Learners may also broaden their knowledge and skills by progressing to Level 2 qualifications in Instructing Circuits, Exercise to Music and Aqua.
Get In touch with us about Traineeships*
If not yet qualified as a level 2 fitness instructor, not to worry, as you will attain Level 2 when undertaking this personal trainer course.
LUIS – SPORTS DIRECT FITNESS
“After moving to England from Portugal I needed help in getting qualified and getting my dream job as a Personal Trainer. The Traineeship I did with Body Focus helped me get the qualifications I needed and then got me my work placement with Sports Direct Fitness. Now I have a permanent position as a PT here.”
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
To make an enquiry with us regarding any of our fitness industry training courses, simply fill in
the short form below and one of the team will endeavour to get back to you the same day.